What is ophthalmology?
Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Whilst only a small proportion of clinical negligence claims are eye related, a third of all such claims are related to cataracts.
We are experienced in dealing with all types of ophthalmic injury claims as a result of surgical errors and negligence leading to further surgery and injuries, and in particular, claims arising from:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose surgical errors in cataract surgery
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose surgical errors and diseases such as glaucoma or macular degeneration
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose various conditions such as a retinal tear and retinal detachment
- Children’s ophthalmology claims
- Oculoplastics (lacrimal and orbital)
- Cancer misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Delay or inappropriate ophthalmic treatment
- Radial keratotomy
- Other surgical accidents, including problems with laser eye surgery
How can we help?
If you have suffered as a result of an eye operation or procedure, The Specter Partnership can help you to seek financial compensation for the injuries you have suffered, and for any long-term care and out of pocket expenses incurred.
Our experienced team will guide you through the complex legal process, ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome to your ophthalmic injury compensation claim.
We offer a no charge confidential consultation, following which we will assess your claim.