Abdominoplasty surgery (also commonly known as a “tummy tuck” procedure) usually involves surgery to remove large amounts of unsightly excess fat and skin from around the abdomen in order to achieve a flatter and tighter stomach.
It is one of the most common cosmetic procedures undertaken in the UK and popular with patients who have had a significant weight loss (particularly following bariatric surgery) or even multiple pregnancies which have resulted in saggy skin.
However, there are a number of complications which can give rise to a claim for compensation. Clinicians are legally bound to hold a duty of care to their patients and if a clinician fails to maintain the expected standard of care either before, during or after your abdominoplasty/tummy tuck procedure, then it may be possible that you may make a negligence compensation claim.
These are some examples of symptoms that could indicate abdominoplasty/tummy tuck negligence:
- Excessive or inappropriately placed scarring
- Belly Button Loss, off centre or misplacement of the belly button
- Insufficient removal of excess tissue leading to skin/ contour deformity
- Puckering of the skin around the scar line
- Loss of sensation due to nerve damage
- Skin/fat necrosis leading to complications
- Failure to treat complications such as bleeding under the skin (haematoma) leading to complications or unsightly contouring in the skin
How we can help
If you believe that you have suffered injuries as a result of a botched abdominoplasty/tummy tuck procedure then you may be able to make a claim for compensation. This could include the cost of corrective surgery to improve or minimise the effects of a tummy tuck surgery gone wrong.
Our experienced team, who have dealt with a number of these types of claims, will guide you through the complex legal process, ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome to your compensation claim.