Senior Partner (BA Hons)
Personal Injury Litigation, Insurance Law, Multi-track Personal Injury
Specialities: Personal Injury Litigation, Insurance Law, Multi-track Personal Injury Senior Partner
Ken studied Law at University in London and qualified as a solicitor in 1981. After 4 years training in specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices Ken founded the firm The Specter Partnership in 1985 specialising in the area of personal injury litigation and insurance law.Ken has overseen the organic growth of the business to a respected national law firm with offices in the City of London and the North West.
Ken has also been engaged in expanding the clinical negligence areas of the business to provide a quality reliable multi disciplinary approach combining the talents of experienced litigation specialists alongside staff with medical experience and oversees all areas of the business to ensure the client journey is excellent and that staff are supportive helpful and responsive at all times.
Ken oversees many of the complex claims ensuring the best outcome for the client is always the priority of the firm. Ken is married with two children and if he does manage to get free time Ken is a keen and talented musician and enjoys cycling, tennis and golf.
(+44) 0207 251 9900 London
Partner (LLB, LLM, Solicitor-Advocate)
Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Medical Negligence, Employment Law, Commercial Litigation
Specialities: Personal Injury, Professional Negligence, Medical Negligence, Employment Law, Commercial Litigation
Soyab studied Law at Liverpool University, completing the Legal Practice Course at The College of Law in Chester and was admitted as a solicitor in 1995. Initially he dealt mainly with Commercial Litigation concentrating on the Law of Contract, before expanding his practice to include Personal Injury, Professional Negligence and Employment Law. Soyab is a very experienced advocate holding Higher Rights of Audience in all Higher Courts including representation of families at Inquest in fatal accident cases.
Soyab joined the Specter Partnership solicitors in 1993 and proceeded to specialise in catastrophic personal injury, head and spinal injury claims. Soyab also specialises in clinical negligence. In 2008 he completed a Master of Law degree in Advanced Litigation and Dispute Resolution and in recognition of his achievements Soyab was promoted to Partner.
He is a member of the Association Professional Injury Lawyers, Professional Negligence Lawyers Association and Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates, aswell as a member of the Spinal Injury Association.
Soyab has been involved in a number of high profile cases such as Grayrigg Train Derailment and other notable cases reported such as appeal against the decision of the Employment Tribunal to make no award for pension loss.
On a personal level he enjoys cycling, sport, reading and more sport!
LLB LLM Solicitor-Advocate (All Proceedings)
(+44) 01925 428 198 Warrington
Solicitor (LLB Hons, LL Dip)
Multi-track Personal Injury, Fast-track Personal Injury, Client Care and Compliance
Specialities: Multi-track Personal Injury, Fast-track Personal Injury, Client Care and Compliance
Emma studied Law at Leicester University before completing her LPC at the College of Law, Chester in 1995. Emma was admitted as a Solicitor in August 1997 and joined Specter and Grant in the Matrimonial Department in March 1998. In 2000 Emma transferred to the Personal Injury Department to deal with Fast Track and Multi Track personal injury claims and manage one of the firm's fast track personal injury teams.
When Specter and Grant became the Specter Partnership solicitors in 2004, Emma was appointed Client Care Officer taking over responsibility for the firm's internal processes for the handling of complaints from clients. Emma was promoted to Partner in April 2005. In 2008 Emma became a Partner in Warrington firm KLS Law, being responsible for Client Care and Compliance within both law firms.
With the changing regulatory requirements imposed by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority, Emma became Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP) for the Specter Partnership in January 2013. After the merger of the northern office of the Specter Partnership with KLS Law in June 2013, Emma transferred to become COLP for KLS Law. Emma continues to undertake the day to day responsibility for the internal processes and procedures within KLS Law for both Client Care and regulatory compliance.
(+44) 01925 428 198 Warrington
Solicitor (LLB Hons)
Clinical Negligence, Medical Negligence, Cosmetic Surgery Claims, Dental Injury Claims
Specialities: Clinical Negligence, Medical Negligence, Cosmetic Surgery Claims, Dental Injury Claims
Christine qualified as a State Registered Nurse (SRN) in 1979 and as a State Registered Midwife (SRM) in 1981 at King's College Hospital, London and continued to practice as a nurse until 2007. Christine worked in both the NHS and Independent private sector and was appointed as Director of Nursing at one of the UK's largest private hospitals.
Christine always had an interest in clinical negligence law having been a member of the hospital's Clinical Governance and Ethics Committees' and undertook a law degree (LLB (Hons)) whilst still working.
She decided to pursue a career in law and undertook the Legal Practice Course at The College Of Law London in 2008 and qualified as a solicitor in March 2012. Christine has recently been instructed on a wide variety of clinical negligence claims including cosmetic surgery, dental, orthopaedic and failure to diagnose fractures, spinal nerve injury, laser eye surgery injury and surgical errors.
Most recent successfully settled cases include:
- £80,000 for a Claimant who received negligent surgical treatment for breast cancer.
- £35,000 for a Claimant who suffered unsightly nasal scarring as a result of an untreated infection.
- £25,000 for a Claimant who suffered unnecessary scarring to the torso following abdominoplasty 'tummy tuck' surgery.
- £20,000 for a Claimant who underwent a rhinoplasty 'nose job' procedure and had 3 unnecessary procedures to correct the negligent surgery.
- £15,000 for a Claimant who underwent a breast augmentation and suffered an unacceptable cosmetic result using implants in a position she had not consented to.
- £15,000 for a Claimant who sustained a spinal fracture following a fall from his bicycle that was undiagnosed in the Accident & Emergency department.
- £10,000 for a Claimant who suffered a medication error whilst an inpatient in hospital resulting in emergency intensive care treatment.
Christine enjoys gardening, silversmithing, Pilates, racquet ball, eating in good restaurants and caring for her cat!
(+44) 0207 251 9900 Farringdon, London
Solicitor (BA Hons)
Clinical Negligence, Gynaecological Claims, Cosmetic Surgery Claims, Cycle Claims, Claimant Personal Injury
Specialities: Clinical Negligence, Gynaecological Claims, Cosmetic Surgery Claims, Cycle Claims, Claimant Personal Injury
Natalie studied Business Management at Leeds University in 2006 and subsequently completed her Graduate Diploma in Law in 2010 at BPP, Manchester. Natalie then went on to complete her Legal Practice Course and secured herself a Training Contract at Pannone LLP, Manchester (now Slater & Gordon). Whilst training, Natalie assisted on a number of large cases including birthing injuries (Cerebral Palsy), a case involving a negligent below the knee amputation and further dealing with a client who developed a severe recurrent incisional hernia following an incorrect procedure. She also assisted fee earners on orthopaedic injuries, delays in diagnosis and misdiagnosis.
Natalie qualified as a Solicitor in September 2014 and subsequently moved to London and joined The Specter Partnership in April 2015.
Natalie specialises in Clinical Negligence and has a special interest in Gynaecological Claims and all types of Cosmetic Surgery Claims. Natalie also deals with a large number of Personal Injury Claims including Serious Injuries following Cycle accidents / Road Traffic Accidents and Occupiers Liability Claims.
At The Specter Partnership, Natalie runs her own workload and also assists in cases involving a wide variety of clinical negligence claims including Orthopaedic injuries, spinal nerve surgery, cosmetic surgery claims and laser eye surgery. Natalie continues to deal with a variety of clinical negligence cases.
Natalie further runs her own Serious Injury files, and assists the Partner in the team on Multi-track serious injury cycling claims.
- £10,000 involving a woman being hit to head by a domestic hoover, while socialising at a local pub.
- Assisted in a Joint Settlement Meeting settling a £925,000 case involving a negligent below the knee amputation.
- Assisted in settling a £300,000 case involving a motorcyclist sustaining severe head injuries following a Road Traffic Accident.
- Involved in settling a £250,000 case involving an industrial fatality while at work against an International Storage Manufacturer.
In her spare time, Natalie enjoys dancing, singing, going to the theatre and spending time with her family.
firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 251 9900
Road Traffic Accident Claims, Occupiers Liability Claims
Specialities: Road Traffic Accident Claims, Occupiers Liability Claims
Marianne Dickson is currently studying for the final stage of her ILEX and has a wealth of experience dealing with a wide array of Road Traffic Accident and Occupiers Liability claims.
Marianne has over 10 years of experience assisting clients who have sustained personal injury. Marianne’s experience allows her to confidently deal with Ministry of Justice Portal Claims, Fast Track claims and Multi Track claims. Marianne successfully handles cases from inception to trial. Marianne also takes instructions from clients who have had Cycle Accidents which involves recovering compensation for personal injury and repair costs for their cycles.
email@example.com 0207 251 9900
Solicitor (LLB Hons)
Personal Injury Litigation, Road Traffic Accident Claims, Accidents at Work, Public Liability Claims...
Specialities: Personal Injury Litigation, Road Traffic Accident Claims, Accidents at Work, Public Liability Claims, Serious Injuries, Professional Negligence.
Paul studied Law at the University of Hertfordshire and then completed his Legal Practice Course at the College of Law in York. Paul qualified as a Solicitor in July 2012.
Paul joined the Specter Partnership in February 2016 and is based in the London office.
Paul specialises in Personal Injury Litigation acting for Claimants in various matters such as Road Traffic Accidents, Accidents at Work and Occupiers and Public Liability claims.
Paul also undertakes Professional Negligence work for claims against Lawyers, Accountants and Independent Financial Advisors.
Throughout his career Paul has dealt with various complex and high value claims. A few examples are mentioned below.
Paul is a keen Sportsman and enjoys watching and playing rugby and skiing in winter.
- £50,000 for a driver who sustained a fractured leg following a head on collision with another vehicle.
- Assisted on a settlement for over two million pounds for a Client who was knocked from his motorcycle and sustained serious injuries that resulted in an above the knee amputation.
- £35,000 for a Claimant who sustained a fracture to her leg following a slip in a supermarket.
- £20,000 for a Claimant who sustained a scarring to the arm following an accident at work due to defective work equipment.
- £13,000 for a Cyclist who was hit by another vehicle and sustained soft tissue injuries and minor scarring.
- £9,000 in total for a family who sustained whiplash injuries that was contested by the Defendant. The case won at Trial.
firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 251 9900
Professional Negligence Consultant
Specialities: Professional Negligence Consultant
Nigel studied law at the University of Exeter and qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales in 1981. He was also admitted as a Solicitor in Hong Kong in 1984.
Nigel has specialised in dealing with professional negligence claims for over 25 years. He is based in our London office and helps to manage the Professional Negligence team.
Nigel has extensive experience in dealing with a wide variety of professional negligence claims, including a substantial number of claims against solicitors, barristers, licensed conveyancers, accountants and independent financial advisers and also claims involving fraud.
Nigel is a trained mediator and has utilised mediation to a successful end on numerous occasions for his clients.
Nigel enjoys playing golf when he can and exploring the vineyards and restaurants of France and reading a good book."
Examples of his recent cases include:
- Disappointed beneficiary claiming against a solicitor for failing to draft a Will in a timely manner before the death of the intended testator.
- Investors pursuing claims against a notary public for losses from an apparent fraudulent land investment scheme in Africa.
- Liquidator suing accountants who acted as administrators of a company for negligently deciding to continue trading which resulted in the company incurring additional substantial losses.
- Developer taking solicitors to court for negligent handling of the purchase of a development plot and then mishandling the subsequent litigation against the vendor.
- Investors pursuing various fund managers for split capital investment trust multi-million pound losses.
- Wife out of pocket in a divorce settlement as her solicitor had failed to properly evaluate her husband’s pension pot.
- Elderly couples bringing claims against IFA’s for losses arising out of equity release schemes.
- Litigant who lost the chance to pursue a professional negligence claim against his former solicitor for failing to deal with his personal injury claim competently as his new solicitor had failed to effectively serve court proceedings on his former solicitor.
email@example.com 0207 251 9900